5.21.2005

Cable

We got cable a couple of weeks ago. We haven't had it since Nicholas was born nine years ago and haven't really missed it. But they (kids and cable company) finally got to me.

But we had a reason to get it. And it was not for the 100 channels. Really. We got rid of our telephone and that plus what we normally paid in Internet access was about as much as cable was going to cost.

We analyzed the whole "what's the use of a land line since we have cell phones" argument and decided to go with high speed cable internet access as well. It was a pretty god package you know. At least for this year. And let me tell you, it had really improved the quality of life! Really. I'm serious.

Now I'm much more impatient. Since my internet works so quickly, even on my little crappy computer, I refuse to wait for any page to load in less than five seconds. Everything else in my life needs to happen faster too! Now people drive too slow. Conversations seem to bore me. Too slow.

I know my kids love me much more since we got cable! They must because the sound of my voice is all they hear. I repeat things more often to them when cable is on. Louder and louder and louder.

I'm eating better now since I have been watching the Food Network with my wife. Or at least I want to eat better. At least I feel more quilty getting fast food.

Most of all we are spending more quality time together as a family in front of the TV! But you know what? We are still watching what's on the main networks. We're still in a rut. It doesn't matter, though. I still fall asleep at 10:30, no matter what's on the tube.

No comments: