11.18.2005

Most Quotable Comedy of 1981

Stripes

Stripes is by far one of the best movies I have ever seen. This is Bill Murray's second movie in my Most Quotable Comedies of the 1980s series. He's 2 for 2 for a very good reason. With lines like:

"Lee Harvey, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy."

Let us not forget the comic genius of the straight man, Harold Ramis when asked if he or Bill Murray are homosexuals by the recuiter:

"No, we're not homosexual, but we are willing to learn."

I cannot remember the fist time I saw this movie. I do not think it was in the theater, but it very well could have been. One of the finest comedies of all time.

And that's a fact, Jack.

Any ideas for tomorrow's movie?




No comments: