11.20.2005

Most Quotable Comedy of 1983

Vacation

This is a classic. I think my brother likes it much more than I do, but I still think it is very funny. Though there are many quotes from this movie worthy of being listed, I'm only going to share one (edited at that since this is a family-friendly blog). This quote sums up the entire movie and illustrates the tension which is typical of any long family outing:

Clark (Chevy Chase) to his family:
"I think you're all farged in the head. We're ten hours from the farging fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much farging fun we'll need plastic surgeory to remove our goshdarn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're iceholes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! Holy Ship!"

The editing is forshadowing..........

No comments: