11.21.2005

Most Quotable Comedy of 1984

Johnny Dangerously

There aren't many people I know who realy liked this movie. I caught it on cable a few years after it came out in the theaters and thought it was the funniest thing I ever saw. Its slapstick of language. Full of one-liners. Satire and parody at its best.

This Michael Keaton's first mention in this list, but it won't be his last (forshadowing yet again). Joe Piscapo is great as the psychopath Danny Vermin. Some quotes of mention (they don't even need to be set up - they are funny on their own):

Danny Vermin: You shouldn't grab me, Johnny. My mother grabbed me once... ONCE!

Danny Vermin: Dames are put on this earth to weaken us, drain our energy, laugh at us when they see us naked.

Danny Vermin: I've been fulfilling a lot of people's prophecies about me; I've become a real scumbag.

Johnny Dangerously: You got those. I like those on a woman.

Roman Moroni: You fargin sneaky bastage. I'm gonna take your dwork. I'm gonna nail it to the wall. I'm gonna crush your boils in a meat grinder. I'm gonna cut off your arms. I'm gonna shove 'em up your icehole. Dirty son-a-ma-batches. My own club! (This is not edited. It's how he really pronounces them)

No comments: