11.25.2005

Most Quotable Comedy of 1988

Beetlejuice

This is one my wife's and my favorite movies. It's not just the quotes that make it great; the music is very god as well.

This is Michael Keaton's second appearance in my Most Quotable Comedies of the 80s list. I think he is a very underrated actor, both serious and comic.

Some of the great lines:

"Barb, honey... we're dead. I don't think we have very much to worry about anymore."

"Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified?"

"I'm the ghost with the most, babe."

"You can't scare her, she's sleeping with Prince Valium tonight."

Last movie - tomorrow!

No comments: